Upgrade to Squeeze
From Roaring Penguin
Revision as of 16:57, 20 June 2014 by MCoyne
- Since Wheezy (7.0) will uninstall Postgres 8.3 you need to upgrade the database first, see DB upgrade.
Make sure your existing CanIt installation is up-to-date:
- Now upgrade the OS to Wheezy:
- upgrade-canit-appliance wheezy
- Since Debian has changed the way it distributes firmware, you may need additional packages. Even if you don't need them, installing them won't hurt so we recommend running:
- -apt-get install firmware-linux-free firmware-linux-nonfree firmware-bnx2 firmware-bnx2x
If, after running this command, you still receive warnings about "Possible missing firmware", please reply with the exact error message. You can check for unusual modules by perusing the output of lsmod.
- Reboot the machine.
To check if mail is flowing use the following:
- tail -f /var/log/mail.log or wherever they are to see if working
NOTE: The above commands are for a single machine. If you are upgrading a cluster, then you should modify the steps as follows, starting with the DataBase machine:
- Before every command above, run:
- /etc/init.d/canit-system stop-gracefully
- After the command in step (4) above, run:
- /etc/init.d/canit-system start
- Also, all commands should be run in parallel. That is, run (i) and then (1) on all machines, then (i) and (2) on all machines, and so on.