Upgrade to Jessie
Upgrade Debian Wheezy to Jessie
- Make sure your existing CanIt installation is up-to-date:
- Now upgrade the OS to Jessie:
- upgrade-canit-appliance jessie
- We have had troubles with some appliances failing to install the Grub bootloader after the Jessie upgrade, so be sure to generate it again for all hard drives:
- dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc
- Reboot the machine.
To check if mail is flowing use the following:
- tail -f /var/log/mail-daily/current.log or wherever they are to see if working
NOTE: The above commands are for a single machine. If you are upgrading a cluster, then you should modify the steps as follows, starting with the DataBase machine:
- Stop CanIt on all cluster members before each command:
- /etc/init.d/canit-system stop-gracefully
- After the command in step (4) above, run:
- /etc/init.d/canit-system start
- Also, all commands should be run in parallel. That is, run (i) and then (1) on all machines, then (i) and (2) on all machines, and so on, finishing with (ii).
Upgrade to Stretch
With the release of Stretch in June 2017, Jessie is now the Old-Stable version of Debian. Work is currently being done to finalize the CanIt packages and ISOs for Stretch and support is expected with the next version of CanIt. Once this has been released, documentation will be added to the wiki regarding this upgrade. You should be able to find a link here or from the Debian Upgrades wiki article shortly thereafter.
Jessie will still be supported by Debian and CanIt packages will be released for it for the foreseeable future, so you are under no immediate obligation to upgrade.