From Roaring Penguin
Here's how to set it up so archiving is on for everybody in the realm:
- - Go to the default stream of the realm.
- - Now change the "Enable Mail Archiving" setting to "Yes". Doing this in the 'default' stream makes all other streams inherit it.
Here's how to remove the permission for users to edit it:
- - Go to Administration->Permissions and in the User field on the left, put an asterisk (*). Then click Add to add a line for the wildcard user.
- - Now refresh the page, and there should be an Edit link in the User Permissions column. Click that.
- - Find the permission "Configure Mail Archiving" and remove the permission, then submit the change.