Quick Start Guide
- Main article: [Home]
The following is a brief description of what CanIt is and contains links to the rest of the Quick Start Guide for CanIt End-Users.
The options within this guide may or not apply to you, depending on your version of CanIt and how it has been set up by the e-mail administrator. If you can't find something as described but think that you need it, consult your administrator; there may be a reason that you don't have it.
What is CanIt?
CanIt is a powerful Anti-Spam and E-mail Filtering software product that is produced and supported by Roaring Penguin Software.
The primary function of CanIt is to scan incoming e-mail for spam and other malicious content, aiming to keep it from reaching you - the user. CanIt tends to be very successful at this given it's base configuration, but is also highly configurable to meet the specific needs of any given user.
In addition to this, you may also use CanIt to:
- scan outbound mail to ensure that you are not propagating spam.
- encrypt or block messages that are deemed to contain confidential information.
- maintain an archive of your email.
- provide business continuity by allowing the continuous sending/receiving of email through the WebUI.
- alter or redirect mail to or from your mailbox.
How Does CanIt Work?
- Sub-article: How Does CanIt Work?
This sub-article discusses the processes by which CanIt does its job.
- Sub-article: CanIt User Essentials
This sub-article discusses how you as an end-user will interact with CanIt.
Okay, But How Do I Do ___?
- Sub-article: Common CanIt User Tasks
This sub-article discusses frequent tasks that a CanIt end user might want to accomplish.
I have noticed a problem, what should I do?
- Sub-article: Common CanIt User Problems
This sub-article discusses some common problems that end-users might have and possible ways to resolve them.
- Continue to: How Does CanIt Work?