Opt Some In
Some administrators will wish to have a small number of addresses opted-in for email filtering with the default setting to be opt-out.
If you are using an on-premise appliance, please see section 5.6 for CanIt-Pro or 6.6 for CanIt-Domain-Pro in the Administration Guide for instruction on how to do this.
For Hosted CanIt do the following:
- Create a special stream:
- In the WebUI go to Administration->Special Streams.
- Enter your preferred name (We will be using OptOut for this example).
- Submit the changes.
- Set all streams to inherit from the OptOut stream:
- In the WebUI go to Administration->Inheritance.
- Make an entry for * (the asterisk character) which inherits from OptOut.
- If there are any streams that you want opted in initially, create an entry for each that inherit from default.
- Change the default behaviour to Opt-Out:
- Change to the OptOut stream with the "Change Streams" link at the top.
- Navigate to Preferences->Opt In/Out.
- Change the behaviour to Opt-Out.
In the future, when you wish to opt more users in, you will need to create an entry for them in Administration->Inheritance which points to default.