Install VMWare Tools
From Roaring Penguin
We don't include all the prerequisites for VMWare tools in our repository. Here's what you have to do:
- To install the VMWare guest tools temporarily, add a line like this to /etc/apt/sources.list (or create a debian.list file in the
- deb http://debian.mirror.iweb.ca/debian/ <version> main contrib non-free
- deb http://security.debian.org/ <version>/updates main contrib
- Run: apt-get update; apt-get install open-vm-tools
- Once it has finished you will want to comment out the source that were just added in /etc/apt/sources.list (or /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list) and then run 'apt-get update' again. This will ensure that there is no chance of the external repositories being used in future upgrades.