Delete Message From Queue
From Roaring Penguin
Revision as of 09:04, 23 May 2017 by MCoyne
Deleting one or more messages from the queue isn't a very user-friendly way to do it but it is possible.
- You will first need the Sendmail queueID of the message. This is the:
- First column that the mailq command gives. Or,
- In the CanIt web interface it's the Queue ID column in the intial Search Log results. Or,
- In CanIt's web interface it's the first column where queued items are shown.
- Next get a root shell on the server where the mail is queued, and go to /var/spool/mqueue or /var/spool/mqueue-client if the message is in the clientmqueue (more likely it is in the former, though).
- Here there will be pairs files of the form: qf<queuID> and df<queueID>. Remove them both for your queue id, so if the queueID is s4REBwPJ013078 then do:
rm dfs4REBwPJ013078; rm qfs4REBwPJ013078
The df- file contains the actual message data and the qf- file contains queue information for Sendmail.