Adding Accessible Streams
It is sometimes necessary to give a non-administrator user access to stream(s) other than their own, for example, to allow them to monitor the stream of a distribution group.
- If the user already exists in CanIt under Administration->Users go to setp 4).
- If it does not exist, or you are using an AD/LDAP user lookup for Setup->Authentication Mappings then Add New User using Administration->Users.
- Enter the login user name, including @doamin in the User-ID box. If you are using an AD/LDAP user lookup server then use the same User-ID as the users CanIt login in the AD/LDAP.
- Fill in the Realm, E-Mail, the two Password boxes, and set Write Access? to Yes but leave Has Root Access? as No. If you are using an AD/LDAP user lookup for authentication then set Locked Password? to Yes, otherwise leave it as No. (For AD/LDAP users this will allow them to use their AD/LDAP password to login.) Submit Changes
- Now go (back) into Administration->Users and click on the User-ID of the "new" user. Now click the Edit Accessible Streams button at the bottom. Enter the stream of the distribution user stream or distribution group you want to add access to and click Add Stream.
- Repeat 5) for all stream you wish to give them access to.
When the user logs into CanIt they will have a Change Streams link on the upper right which will allow them to change to any of their accessible streams.