Adding Accessible Streams
From Roaring Penguin
Revision as of 09:44, 3 February 2017 by MCoyne
It is sometimes necessary to give an non-administrator user access to streams other than their own, for example, to allow them to monitor the stream of a distribution group.
- If the user already exists in CanIt under Administration->Users go to setp 4).
- If does not exist, or you are using AD/LDAP user lookup for Setup->Authentication Mappings then Add New User using Administration->Users. If you are using a AD/LDAP user lookup server then use the same User-ID as the users CanIt login in the AD/LDAP .
- Fill in the Realm, E-Mail, the two Password boxes, set Write Access? to Yes but leave Has Root Access? as No. If you are using an AD/LDAP user lookup for authentication then set Locked Password? to Yes, otherwise leave it as No. For AD/LDAP users this will allow them to use their AD/LDAP password to login. Submit Changes
- Now go (back) into Administration->Users and click on the User-ID of the "new" user. Now go click the Edit Accessible Streams button at the bottom. Enter the stream of the distribution group and click Add Stream.
- Repeat 3) for all stream you wish to give them access to.
- When the user logs into CanIt they will have a Change Streams link on the upper right which will allow them to change to any of their accessible streams.