Remind is a sophisticated calendar and alarm service for UNIX/Linux. It is a command line application that interacts well with other programs. Remind offers a specialized scripting language which is able to express complicated scheduling methods in just a few lines.
Further Information on the Wiki
- Check out the Remind FAQ for a good overview.
- The Remind Cookbook offers a bunch of useful Remind script snippets.
- Remind Include Files provides definitions for holidays and other special days.
- Remind Helpers talks about a number of utilities that work well in conjunction with Remind.
- Some users have posted more extensive Remind use cases: