Mississippi State University Filters E-Mail While Upholding Individual Freedoms
- Mix of systems including SUN iPlanet, Groupwise, MS Exchange and Sendmail.
Need for a solution
- A way for users to authenticate with the system with credentials that were already in place
- An interface that allowed users to opt-in or opt-out
- A solution that provided varying levels of spam filtering as opposed to 'all or nothing'
- Reduced amount of hardware required for anti-virus scanning
- Students can now opt-in, opt-out, or choose their spam-scanning preference
- Reduced load on mail servers
- Now protecting 20,000+ students and staff from junk e-mail