New features include: Compound Rules, Archiving Rules, Aliases, Continuity and Rate Limiting Improvements
Roaring Penguin Software Inc. is pleased to announce the release of CanIt 9.0.1.
Major New Features include:
- Boolean logic has been added to Compound Rules and Archiving Rules to allow administrators to to take action in complex situations. For instance, this allows administrators to design a rule that prevents archiving of messages that have very little archival value.
- A "true" aliasing feature has been added: this causes CanIt to actually rewrite recipient addresses (as opposed to simply streaming them into one stream but not rewriting the destination address).
- Major improvements were made to CanIt's e-mail continuity and outbound rate limiting features.
- The Roaring Penguin Training Network, a shared Bayesian Database, has been improved to preserve as many hand votes as possible.
- CanIt can now detect dead back end servers and will refrain from using them for a short period of time. This can help mitigate load problems if a back end server disappears off the network.
- Improvements were made to make setting up and using LDAP and Active Directory easier.